2019 Conference Registration–Now Open!
Click HERE to Register on our Wild Apricot membership site.
ACTP: A New Name, New Focus,
& New Opportunities!
If you are looking for ATP, you are at the right place! With an clear majority vote from our membership in the summer of 2018, ATP welcomed our academic coaching colleagues into our organization by changing our name from ATP to ACTP. As we begin the first year of our expanded focus, we look forward to additional opportunities to apply our mission and influence.
As you browse our website, you will notice the inclusion of coaching into our mission and vision statement as well as other informative pieces. We will continue to update and expand our website over the next few months, and we will eventually transition from our existing ATP domain to a new ACTP domain.
As existing or potential new members, please feel free to offer suggestions or input along the way. You will find direct contact information for all aspects of ACTP at this About Us/Contact Us link.
2019 Call for Conference Proposal–Now Open!
Click HERE to submit.
ACTP Conference in Orlando
For anyone new to ACTP, the annual conference is a wonderful opportunity to share ideas and best practices and grow professionally in the process. We encourage you to come and showcase your:
- innovative technologies
- social media endeavors
- creative learning strategies
- tutor training techniques and/or
- research findings.
You could also share with colleagues about how you are making magic in your coaching, tutoring, or center administration. Our attendees love to learn about how effective management, data collection, assessments, and reporting techniques contribute to improved teaching and learning.
We want sessions on anything that makes your support program or practice distinctive. Both professionals and students are encouraged to submit proposals.
Please visit our Call for Proposals page for specific information on concurrent sessions, roundtable or panel discussions, or workshops on best practices or research. If you are a new or seasoned presenter, we welcome your contribution. You will find presentation guidelines, session descriptions, and important dates on the Call for Proposals.
The Association for the Coaching & Tutoring Profession
The Association for the Coaching & Tutoring Profession (ACTP) provides a communication platform linking academic coaches, tutors, peer coaches, program coordinators and administrators who are committed to the development of the independent learner and holistic student.
ACTP offers opportunities for:
- Member-based leadership
- High-quality professional development
- Sharing tools and methods
- Tutor and tutor trainer certification
- An annual conference for researchers and practitioners
- Research publication and newsletter
- Best practices for tutoring and coaching
- Online training via webinars
To provide a communication platform linking academic coaches, tutors, peer coaches, program coordinators and administrators who are committed to the development of the independent learner and holistic student.
- To provide opportunities for academic coaches, tutors, peer coaches, tutor trainers, program coordinators, faculty members, and administrators to develop and enhance skills through the sharing of methods and strategies.
- To provide a basis to stimulate research in the philosophy and application of coaching and tutoring.
- To develop relationships with other organizations, schools, and businesses who are also committed to the development of independent learners.
- To offer an annual conference and publications to bring information to all interested groups.
Synergy is the national peer-reviewed online journal for ACTP; the mission is to provide an avenue for scholarship and discussion to further the knowledge of learning processes, tutoring practice, and the administration of tutoring services.
ACTP tutor training through our affordable webinars help prepare participants for tutor or tutor trainer certification. Browse our webinar archive for training topics relevant to your needs. You may purchase any three webinars for a 20% discount!