Thank you for your participation. All presenters should register for the conference under the indicated tab. We look forward to seeing you in Tucson.
The Association for the Tutoring Profession
14th Annual Conference
Reaching the Summit of Success
March 18 – 21, 2018
Come and enjoy the beauty of spring in the Sonoran Desert at the 14th annual Association for the Tutoring Profession (ATP) Conference in Tucson, Arizona, March 18 – 21, 2018, at the Hilton El Conquistador Hotel! This year’s theme Reaching the Summit of Success focuses on the hope and inspiration that we in the tutoring professions work diligently to instill in our students to help them reach the top of their academic aspirations.
Beautiful Tucson is surrounded by five mountain ranges: the Santa Catalinas, the Rincons, the Santa Ritas, the Tucsons, and the Tortolitas. While mountains, like academics, can often feel insurmountably challenging at times, they also provide safety, serenity, and inspiring views of what is possible from their summits. At this year’s ATP conference, we invite you to share your promising and proven practices that bring hope to students seeking and reaching summits of academic success. Submit a proposal today for presentation at our 2018 Conference!
The annual ATP conference is a wonderful opportunity to share ideas and best practices and grow professionally in the process. Come and showcase your innovative technologies, social media endeavors, creative learning strategies, tutor training techniques, and/or research findings. Or let your colleagues in on how your effective management, data collection, assessments, and reporting techniques contribute to reaching summit successes. We want sessions on all things that make your academic support programs distinctive in giving hope to students while they strive to reach various pinnacles of success. Both professionals and students are encouraged to submit proposals.
Proposal & Acceptance Deadlines are as follows:
- Call for Proposals: Now until October 25, 2017–CLOSED
- Presenters Notified by: November 25, 2017
- Presenters Acceptance with Completed/Paid Conference Registration Due: January 18, 2018
ATP 14th Annual Conference – March 18 – 21, 2018
All conference session proposals will undergo committee review. We are looking for workshops, panels or roundtables, research reports, and demonstrations. We have 60 and 120-minute time slots available for concurrent sessions.
- Workshops – offer practical solutions or innovative ideas for the audience. Presentations involving power points, handouts, and Q&A discussion are usually expected. Activities involving the audience are also encouraged.
- Panels or Roundtables – focus on a particular issue and usually involve multiple participants or a small group presentation. Interactive audience participation is expected.
- Demonstrations – offer the audience a real-life look at a tool, product, or innovative idea that has a hands-on approach.
- Research Reports – provide background, rationale, hypotheses, methodology, results, and key implications of a completed but unpublished study. (Research papers may be submitted to ATP’s online, peer-reviewed journal Synergy for possible publication.)
We look forward to receiving your proposal and having you and your colleagues join us in Tucson.
Plan to be a part of the exciting 2018 ATP 14th annual conference