Welcome to the http://www.myatp.org, a service of ATP. Please read this legal notice; by using the website, you accept its terms. Copyright ©2004-2017 The Association for the Tutoring Profession (ATP) All rights reserved.
All materials contained on the ATP Web website are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, or broadcast without the prior written permission of ATP. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the content.
However, you may download material from the ATP Web website for your personal, educational, noncommercial use only. In time some materials on the ATP Web website may be accompanied by permission to reproduce for noncommercial purposes providing attribution is made to ATP. These materials will be clearly noted.
General Rules and Definitions
- If you choose to use the ATP website (the “website”), you will be agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this agreement between you and ATP
- ATP may change, add, or remove portions of this agreement at any time, but if it does so, it will post such changes on the website or send them to you by e-mail or postal mail.
- If any of these rules or any future changes are unacceptable to you, you may discontinue visiting the website. Your continued use of the website now, or following the posting of notice of any changes in these operating rules, will indicate acceptance by you of such rules, changes, or modifications.
- ATP may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time, including the availability of any website feature, database, or content. ATP may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire website without notice or liability.
Content and Submissions
- The contents of the website are intended for personal, educational, noncommercial use. All materials published on the website (including but not limited to news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, also known as the “content”) are protected by copyright and owned or controlled by ATP or the party credited as the provider of the content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any content accessed through the website.
- The website and its contents are protected by copyright pursuant to U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in Section 2(iii) of this Agreement), create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the content or the website in whole or in part.
- You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the website for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from ATP or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content. In some cases, this prior written consent is published with the Content and materials may be used providing they follow the conditions of the permission and retain all trademark, copyright, and other notices contained therein.
Online Discussions (when implemented)
- You shall not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish on the message boards (the “Online Discussions”) any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material.
- The Online Discussions shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without the express approval of ATP, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your messages. However, although ATP does not and cannot review every message posted by you on the Online Discussions and is not responsible for the content of these messages, ATP reserves the right to delete, move, or edit messages that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
- You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the website may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by ATP and you waive any moral rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
Access and Availability of References and Links
- The website contains a reference page. These resources are recommended by other members. The ATP does not receive any compensation for these listings.
- The website contains links to other related World Wide Web websites, resources, and sponsors of ATP. ATP’s inclusion of such hyperlinks does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators, unless otherwise noted, so your use of any hyperlinked sites is at your own risk. You may hyperlink other websites to this website, but you agree to immediately terminate any such hyperlink in the event that the ATP or a member of the ATP executive board requests that you do so. Because ATP is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the website administrator or Webmaster of such website.
Representations and Warranties
- You represent, warrant, and covenant that no materials of any kind submitted by you will (a) violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights; or (b) contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material. You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless ATP, and all officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors, and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you or any user of your access privileges of this Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. ATP reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
- ATP does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the website by any user, information provider, or any other person or entity. ATP does not warrant that the Content of this website is free from errors, interruptions, omissions, defects, or other damaging elements or that ATP will correct any errors, omissions, or defects. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials, opinions, advice, statements, memorandums, or information shall be at your sole risk. The website is distributed on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that use of the website is at your sole risk, and you assume the cost of service, repairs, or corrections to your hardware, software, or other equipment.
- You agree that the use of the website is at your sole risk. Because of the inherent hazards and uncertainties of electronic distribution, we are not responsible for delays, omissions, inaccuracies, viruses or other problems with information on the website.
The Association of Tutoring Professionals (ATP) has created this statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for the website.
- Our website’s membership registration form and order form require users to give us contact information (e.g., name and e-mail address), and demographic information (e.g., job title, school, or occupation).
- ATP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of any websites linked to or from our website.
- When this website makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or newsgroups available to its members. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes accessible by all members. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. (See ONLINE DISCUSSIONS.)
- ATP will not sell or make available any personal information about individuals who participate on its website. This specifically applies to e-mail addresses. Note that ATP does not have control of the uses people make of information posted in Online Discussions. ATP does make its membership information available to others in the form of lists. Members wishing to block release of this information may request that action from the list manager (above).
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your experiences with this website, contact ATP.
- ATP reserves the right to send electronic mail to you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the website or other ATP offerings.
Termination of Use
- You may terminate your use of the website at any time by not using the ATP website.
- ATP may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to parts of the website for any reason, including, without limitation, breach or assignment of this Agreement.
- This Agreement has been made in and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Texas law. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Dallas or Austin, Texas
- ATP seeks to avoid any potential misunderstandings or disputes over unsolicited ideas or artwork, in the event that ATP’s products or marketing might seem similar to any submission. Therefore, ATP discourages the submission of unsolicited ideas through the website. Please do not send any ideas, suggestions or artwork through the website. If, despite this request, you do send ideas, suggestions or artwork through the website, the following terms will apply to your submission: You agree that all ideas, information, suggestions or artwork submitted to ATP via the website shall be the property of ATP and ATP will be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the submitted information. In no event will ATP be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information. ATP may use the submitted information for any purpose.
- Official correspondence must be sent to the ATP Web Chair.
- In the event you have a claim of copyright infringement with respect to material that is contained in the website, please notify the ATP. All contents of this website are: Copyright ©2004-2017 The Association for the Tutoring Profession. All rights reserved.